Benefits of Masturbation
Some may ask Why masturbate? I ask Why not?
Masturbation is self love to its fullest… It amazes me how many people still consider it to be taboo and can sometimes cause serious problems in a relationship. It is sad really that it is so secretive and hush, hush. If more people realized the actual benefits of masturbation the better their sex life could be.
There are so many myths surrounding self love. It’ll make you blind! (Gotta be one of my favorites) For some reason, people still feel uncomfortable talking about it, as well as so many other topics regarding sex. It really just boils down to the prudes trying to get the rest of us to be as miserable as they are. Masturbation is not only healthy for you; it is an essential part of a healthy relationship.
Some Benefits of Masturbation You May Not Know…
• Did you know masturbation can actually help women relieve menstrual cramps? Ladies, you know how that time of the month can be dreadful and it doesn’t have to be. Sure you can use Pamprin or take an aspirin but this way is much more fun.
• Of course we all know it helps you men sleep a little better! But in all seriousness, it has been proven to help insomnia. Next time you’re having trouble getting to sleep, give it a try; you won’t be disappointed.
• It’s a mood lifter and stress reliever. How many times have you reached orgasm by yourself or with your partner that resulted in a bad mood? Or, can you think back to any time climaxing gave you a kink in your neck due to stress? (Aside from that new kinky position you just had to try!)
• More importantly it helps you get in tune with your body. Self love helps you to open up to your own sexual needs. Once you understand your body and how to please yourself, a better sex life is definitely on the horizon.
• Another important benefit… Because it feels good! Self love is extremely pleasurable. Anyone who says different is not taking the time to spend with themselves. They say chocolate is better than sex? I have to disagree. I would take a night in my bedroom with my favorite toys over extra calories any day of the week.
• It can spice things up in the bedroom. Once you’re comfortable with loving yourself, you can try doing it with your partner. It may prove to be a little awkward and embarrassing at first but as the two of you feel more comfortable, it can be quite a nice change to the same old boring bedroom antics. You may be surprised at what a sensual experience this can turn out to be.
So what amount of masturbation is unhealthy? (hint of sarcasm) There is no proven magic number that would make it unhealthy. Some do it more often than others. (And if you ask me, some do not do it nearly enough!) I don’t care if your single or in a relationship, masturbation is an essential part of a healthy sexuality.
It’s not a shameful or immoral act. Some might be ashamed and avoid it altogether because society has branded their mind with falsehoods. Forget what the nay sayers preach about sexual immorality. The only sexual immoral act is being in a monogamous relationship and cheating.
Don’t be a prude… love yourself!
Leave Self Love, Return to How to Have Better Sex
Return to Love Sources Home from Self Love